Members of the EngAge BC voluntarily agree to abide by an enhanced Code of Ethics which form part of our Society’s bylaws. The Code of Ethics help to guide the conduct of members in a number of key areas.
EngAge BC Member Code of Ethics
The Code of Ethics which the member of the Society will practice and which must govern their conduct shall be as follows:
Service provider members shall:
• Comply with all bylaws of the Association and conduct all activities with honesty, integrity, respect, fairness and good faith in a manner which will reflect well upon the sector;
• Strive to provide exemplary services to the residents or clients for whom they are responsible in a manner which is hospitable, courteous, enables personal choice, and is responsive to resident or client feedback;
• Promote competence in housing and service delivery management through ongoing education;
• Comply with all acts, regulations and standards relevant to the sector in which care services or housing is provided;
• Hold that professional relationships are not to be exploited for personal advantage;
• Refrain from any conduct that undermines the role of the Association and the credibility of the sector or any of its members.
Members responsible for providing care shall:
• Provide care with regard to the total physical, mental, spiritual and cultural needs of those residents or clients;
• Endeavour to employ staff with empathy and compassion for older adults, so that every person receiving care has a satisfactory experience;
• Treat persons receiving care and their family members or companions with dignity.
Commercial members shall:
• Refrain from using the Association’s credentials or affiliation to promote or endorse external commercial products or services.
For a PDF document of the full Constitution and Bylaws, please click below:
Bylaws and Constitution Approved December 2020