EngAge BC represents operators providing independent living, private-pay assisted living, and home health services in B.C. Along with BCCPA, which represents publicly-subsidized assisted living and long-term care operators, our Association represents the entire seniors living and wellness continuum.
If you wish to apply for an EngAge BC membership, please fill out and submit our online application form.
Benefits of an EngAge BC membership can be found here and include:
- Unparalleled advocacy, on behalf of the sector.
- A listing on Route 65 – our free, ground-breaking online destination that helps match seniors with seniors’ living and wellness services.
- Access to Assurity, a custom quality assurance certification which was intentionally designed from the ground up. This efficient quality assurance process is set to be the standard for quality among home health and independent living operators and consumers alike.
- Priority access to events such as the Seniors Living Expo and Job Fair, which took place in November, 2022 at the Vancouver Trade and Convention Centre East. This consumer-focused event showcased the very best in housing and wellness services for today’s older adults.
- Access to regular, member consultations, workshops and events, including round tables and EngAge in Conversation.
EngAge BC is an operating arm of the BC Care Providers Association (BCCPA). With 16 full-time staff, BC Care Providers Association is the leading voice for seniors’ care in British Columbia.
EngAge BC members also receive BCCPA member benefits, which include:
- Having a “seat at the table” when shaping public policy: Our members play a key role in informing research for white papers and policy documents which advocate for innovative and comprehensive solutions that will improve the quality of life for B.C. seniors;
- Access to exclusive networking opportunities: We strengthen the sector through our dynamic events, including our sold-out Annual Conferences hosted each May in Whistler, B.C. Members receive discounted rates to all of our events including our annual conference, the popular Care to Chat speaker series, and free workshops;
- Ability to post on BCCPA’s online Jobs Board: Have job openings in your organization? Be sure to share them on BCCPA’s online job board. In today’s competitive hiring environment, promoting your job opportunities on our site can make the difference.
- Unparalleled media and communications support: With years of experience in media relations and crisis communications, our experts on staff are here to advise members facing challenging situations, when they arise. As the largest association representing the continuing care sector, we are understood to be the industry voice with B.C. media right across the province. Through media releases, op-eds, and twice-monthly newsletters, we communicate our members’ priorities to the public.
Annual membership rates
- Independent living: $20 per suite. For the purposes of membership, independent living is defined as follows:
Seniors’ housing where hospitality services are provided, such as meals, housekeeping, laundry and recreation activities.
This definition does not refer to suites where the resident receives assisted living or care services delivered by the operator, nor does it include housing without hospitality services.
- Assisted living: $25.25 x number of units
- Long-term care and/or memory care: $33.00 x number of beds
- Home health: $0.02 per hour of care delivered annually
- Minimum fee is $400, and maximum fee is $6,000
- Commercial: $995 + GST
- Associate: $595 + GST
- This membership class includes operators who are currently under construction, not-for-profit organizations or individuals whose work supports or compliments that of EngAge BC or BCCPA
*Does your company have a combined count of 200 or more beds/units? Please ask EngAge BC staff about our corporate discount schedule.
We are pleased to invite you to join over 450 EngAge BC and BCCPA members who provide quality independent living, assisted living, home health care, long-term care and commercial products and services.
We welcome any further questions you may have regarding EngAge BC.
To apply as a commercial member, visit our commercial members page.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.