Q: What is Route 65?
- Route 65 is a jargon-free, easy-to-use search tool that helps guide those seeking seniors living and wellness options in B.C.
- Seekers of seniors living and wellness options can filter their searches by type (long-term care, assisted living, independent living or home support) and city to see options in their preferred area.
- We know that navigating seniors living and wellness options can be a time-consuming and confusing process. Route 65 offers built-in support to help guide seekers in the right direction. Walter (the tour guide chatbot) can help recommend the most suitable options for them or refer the seeker to other resources. Or, they can browse various pages of the website for more general information.
Q: Why did EngAge BC create Route 65?
A: Route 65 was developed to help guide those seeking seniors living and wellness options in BC for themselves or an elderly loved one. Our members felt that it was difficult for seekers to navigate the many housing options available to them. Route 65 helps make navigating options easy and simple.
Q: Do I have to be a member of BCCPA to list on Route 65?
A: Yes. All providers must be EngAge BC members prior to gaining listing access on Route 65. Please visit engageseniors.ca/membership for more information.
Q: When and how can we sign up?
A: Registration will soft launch June 25, 2019.
Invite them to fill out the sign-up notification request form or provide us with a business card if they’d like to be reminded prior to the soft launch date.
If the provider is interested in purchasing a premium package, they will be able to purchase it at online checkout when setting up their listing.
If they are interested in purchasing a one-month featured ads package, the system will prompt them to contact the programs advisor, who will provide further instruction on purchasing.
Q: What are the differences between the basic, premium and featured ads packages?
- Basic: All BCCPA members are entitled to a free basic listing.
- Premium: Premium subscribers unlock a variety of enhanced features, such as expanded listings, additional photo uploads, Yelp listings for nearby amenities, testimonials, and more.
- Featured Ads: We’re offering an optional advertising add-on for premium subscribers. Subscribers can purchase a one-month featured ads package that will increase their visibility on the website. They will have a featured listing on the home page and other areas of the website, and appear first in the search results.
All proposed features for each subscription level are available soon.
Q: How much will it cost?
Pricing will be released prior to the launch.
If they’d like to be notified when official prices are released, invite them to fill out the sign-up notification request form or provide us with a business card if they’d like to be reminded prior to the soft launch date.
Q: When does Route 65 go live to the public?
Q: What will happen to My Care Finder?
My Care Finder will remain active until the Route 65 launch date. Once Route 65 officially launches, the My Care Finder website will be retired.
Q: How does billing work? What are the terms and conditions?
- There will be annual billing for the Premium package and cancellations are not permitted. Providers can decide to renew once their annual subscription expires.
- One-month Featured Ads packages can be purchased any time by Premium subscribers as an optional add-on and are billed separately. We expect demand to be high and spots limited per-month for the Featured Ads packages, so they may need to waitlist for a spot.
- Premium packages will be process through online payment options.
- Featured Ads packages will be processed by manual invoice offline.
Q: Are there any information or training sessions available?
A: We will be offering a Route 65 information workshop for providers at the SafeCare BC Training Centre on June 20 from 1 PM-2:30 PM. For those who cannot attend in-person, there will also be a remote dial-in option. To register, direct them to the registration page here.
There will be a door prize for attendees! Door prizes will include gift cards and gift baskets. Every registration counts as a ballot entry (you must attend to be eligible).
If they cannot attend on this date, tell them to stay tuned for additional session offerings via the BCCPA Events page.
Q: What is EngAge BC?
EngAge BC, established in 2019, is a new operating arm of BC Care Providers Association with its own brand and mandate. EngAge BC has a mandate to support the distinct needs of privately-owned independent living, assisted living, long-term and home care operators. EngAge BC is responsible for developing and operating a suite of unique programs and marketing initiatives that support member sites across the province.